Sea Dog Boating Solutions and Steve Charlebois
About Sea Dog Boating Solutions
Sea Dog Boating Solutions, LLC ™ was founded in December 2007 and recently celebrated its 10th year in business. The business was started based upon a passion for boating and problem solving.
ANNOUNCEMENT: In October, 2017 we purchased Gadgets Unlimited, Inc. which includes the Landing Loop ™ docking pole, Solar Kandle Rail Light and the Canvas Cover Snap Stretchers products. Please check out the blog post here for more information.
We can help you by:
- Providing Services to solve your problems or concerns
- Offering Products worldwide that make boating more enjoyable and fun
We can help you detail, winterize or make repairs to your boat. We offer high quality boating accessories that we stand behind. We use these products on our own boat or have thoroughly tested these products.
We would love to help you solve your boating problems and will provide:
- Personalized service
- Support for the products that we sell
- Customer satisfaction guaranteed
- Meeting fellow boating enthusiasts
- Understanding unique and challenging problems
- Developing a creative solution to these problems
In the News:
To learn more about Sea Dog Boating Solutions, LLC check out these articles:
- Purchase of Gadgets Unlimited, Inc. Blog Post
- Business People-Vermont: "Salty Ventures - Helping you float your boat"
- New York Boater website: "Sea Dog Boating Solutions"
- Signarama website: "Sea Dog Boating Solutions Marketing with Signs"
About Steve Charlebois
Steve has been an avid boater for over 19 years and has extensive training in both sailing and wind surfing. He joined a boat club and took formal sailing classes with access to Soling keel boats and other pocket cruisers. Steve, his wife, and his two daughters caught the "sailing bug" and sail as often as they can. Most of their sailing is done on beautiful Lake Champlain in Vermont.
In the Fall of 2005, they purchased their current sailboat, a 1986 31' O'Day sloop and are enjoying their thirteenth season with this boat. Steve would spend the entire summer on the boat if he could. They enjoy having family and friends come out sailing with them at every opportunity. Over the years, they have learned the many limitations of boating and cruising first hand.
Steve is very passionate about all aspects of boating and would love to apply his technical problem solving skills to provide you with a solution to your boating challenge.
Steve volunteers with an organization called Healing Winds Vermont which provides respite sailing for cancer patients and their caregivers to relieve stress and anxiety through quality time together on the water. To learn more about Healing Winds Vermont and Steve's involvement, click here.
Steve has written several boating articles for the Mallets Bay Boat Club Newsletter. These articles can be found on the Blog Page of this website. The "Boating Safety" article was featured in the 2008 "Summer Lake Guide Lake Champlain" insert which was included in the Milton Independent, Essex Reporter, St. Albans Messenger and the Colchester Sun newspapers.
Steve has been certified in the following Boating Courses:
- United States Power Squadrons The Squadron Boating Course
- American Sailing Association (ASA) Basic Keelboat Sailing Course
- American Sailing Association (ASA) Basic Coastal Cruising Course
Steve was a design engineer at a large electronics company for 30 years. His formal education is in computer engineering which taught him how to find solutions to problems. His formal training includes:
- Master of Science (MS) in Computer Engineering from Syracuse University (SU) - Syracuse, NY
- Bachelor of Science (BS) in Computer Engineering from Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) - Rochester, NY
As a testimony to Steve's creativity, he currently has five issued United States Patents:
- US 7194715 B2
- US 7444609 B2
- US 7539968 B2
- US 7873923
- US 7886253