Boat Transport Service
Boat Transport Service:
"Steve arrived with his own personal gear, navigation aides and charts. He was very knowledgeable, competent, personable and completely "upfront" regarding all laws and regulations pertaining to our arrangement. Steve and I hit it off from the first. After our time together, I consider him a true friend. I have full confidence in Steve and would trust him at the helm of any craft."
Do you need an extra crew member to transport your boat on Lake Champlain or the Hudson River?
Do you need assistance going through the Champlain Canal System / Locks?
We can help!!!
We are available to assist you on the following waterways:
- Lake Champlain
- Champlain Canal System
- Hudson River
- Richelieu River - Chambly Canal
- Other waterways can be discussed
We can assist you with transporting your boat on the water:
- from one location to another
- or if you are looking for an experienced crew member for part or all of a journey
Services that are offered:
- Leaving the dock
- Traveling through locks
- Helping you get comfortable with your boat
- Mooring and anchoring practice
- Driving the boat / sharing shifts
- Lookout on deck
- Installing sails
- Assistance with raising/lowering mast
- Loading/unloading items on boat (supplies, luggage, etc.)
- Assistance with setting up your electronics:
- Setting up and using ActiveCaptain software
- Creating way points
- Setting up Man Over Board (MOB)
What people are saying about us:
"Steve's knowledge of Lake Champlain and the Champlain Canal locks was invaluable. Having lived in upstate NY, his knowledge of that area enhanced our enjoyment of the sights and stops along the way. While Steve was prepared to “fend for himself”, he was very comfortable joining Donna and I as “part of the family”, joining us for meals, casual conversation and touring stops along the way. It was great having Steve on board, specifically on two occasions; when our engine overheated and when our mast was stepped at Hop-O-Nose Marina. In both, Steve knew what needed to be done to diagnose and complete the necessary work. Overall, I have no hesitation recommending Steve to others who want an extra set of hands on board for an extended cruise or boat delivery. Not only will you get a good crew member, you'll probably also become friends."
Check out our detailed Boating Service Testimonials